• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
emre2345

What are the musts to make 3D game

This topic is 3802 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all! which subjects must be known by a person who wants to be a professonal 3D game programmer? Some are below that i thought: 3D Mathematics(Transformations, View, World, Transformation Matrices, etc.) Grapghic Api(OpenGL, Direct3d) Win32 Api Maybe Particle Effects

Advertisement
I too am an aspiring Graphics Programmer.

So I can tell you what I've been told.

Strong Mathematic Skills, Geometry, Linear Algebra, some Calculus.

Knowledge of the 3D Pipeline, Local Coords->World->Cam->Screen, etc.

Data Structures Stack->Linked List->Classes->COM->etc.

At the low level that's all I can really think of, just make demos and build up a portfolio is pretty much all you need to do if you wanna get hired as far as I've been told.

COM and classes are not considered 'data structures.'

Most of the above information is accurate. Understanding how to solve the problems of the domain, and translate them into code in the language of choice (for the industry, this tends to be C++) -- this usually involves some fair knowledge of the graphics pipeline theory and the math behind its fundamentals, et cetera.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!