• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
phil67rpg

LNK1112

This topic is 3630 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi I am using visual studio .net 2008. I am getting this linker error. 1>------ Build started: Project: MPChart, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ 1>Linking... 1>Bar.obj : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to '/INCREMENTAL:NO' specification 1>LIBC.LIB(typinfo.obj) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'IA64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86' 1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\phillipb\Desktop\NetCharts\Debug\BuildLog.htm" 1>MPChart - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s) ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ========== Is there a switch in the compiler I can set?

Advertisement
It appears as though you are attempting to link to a library built for IA64 when you are, yourself, targeting for x86. Make sure your library paths are set correctly to point to the x86 binary directory and that you do not manually specify the IA64 module in your linker Additional Dependencies property line.

sounds like you're compiling under 32bit and trying to link to a 64bit lib; try compiling as CPU x64 or get a x86 version of the lib

edit: oops, it was vice versa

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!