• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
gravitytowin

Game Development Environment

This topic is 3724 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm new here and I'm searching for a Game Development Environment or something that includes a Level Editor, Terrain Editor, Effect Editor, Model Editor and a Script Editor. I just tried the 3D Game Studio but it's very buggy (the Bones at the Moddels did't worked, simple script solutions haven't worked etc.). Later I tried the DX Studio but i didn't find a Terrain-Editor I just hope than you could help me, because i search since 1 month. I would be very very happy if you have a nice Solution for me so I can start Programming.

Advertisement
A bit more information about the project and language used will help. Otherwise offhand, I suggest looking at C# (Visual Studio Express Edition) + XNA + XSI Mod Tool.

I am surprised that you had scripting problems with 3D Game Studio as my friend managed to develop a complete prototype using it.

Sounds to me like maybe you should just get a hold of a copy of one of the Unreal or Source engine games and play around with modding. Both come with a full suite of development tools, short of an IDE for coding, which isn't a bit deal because you can use Visual Studio with Source and/or WOTgreal for Unreal.

Thank you both for your very fast answer. @ yaustar that’s a nice. I already have Visual Studio 2005 Pro(wasn’t cheap) and have a bit experience with DirectX SDK. So XNA a nice deal for me. And the XSI Mod Tool looks nice too. I thank you guys and now I have to start with my game if I would be finished till 2012.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!