• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DungeonMaster3000

What would the name be of???

This topic is 3721 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all – Two questions really. What would you call the game interface / game window / stage / border / frameset that many games; well at least RTS style games; are wrapped in (Like HoMM, AOE or WC where you have things like minimap, selection options, game stats etc permanently to the bottom or right of the screeen)? My second question is, has anyone seen any code concepts / barebone code for doing something like this (I would google for it but I'm not sure what you'd call it)? I'm at the stage where I'm just loading in the textures, positioning and then drawing but it feels quite messy so I'd like to see how others have done this. Many Thanks.

Advertisement
The term GUI (Graphical User Interface) would also apply, but is more generic. It would apply equally well to a health display as it would the start menu.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!