• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
wildrj

cAudio Audio Engine 1.6

This topic is 3626 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The cAudio Engine is a c++ wrapper around openal to allow you to get sound and music into your games easily. Special Thanks to KittyKat, Sudi, Rooly, and BloodInch BackGround: The main reason behind making cAudio was there wasn't a hole lot of choices for getting sound into your game. Basically there was audiere, fmod, bass, irrKlang,and SDL mixer. Also there was openal which cAudio is built on. The only problem with using openal is its hard to use in games. So cAudio was born. Download: http://deathtouchstudios.com Supports: ogg,mod,xm,it,and s3d Features: * 2d Audio * 3d Audio * Pitch control * Directional control * Velocity control * Listener orientation control * Doppler control * Looping * Multiple streams * Load file into memory and play * Stream file * Play,pause,and stop controls * Easy to use Audio manager * Self contained *no longer need runtime installed* License: The license is really simple on cAudio. Its free to use for commercial and non commercial products. All we ask is that you add the logo to the intro of your game and credit cAudio in the credits of your app. If your creating a app that isn't a game simply putting cAudio in the about section would be fine. If you have a legitimate reason behind needing to use cAudio without crediting it contact us and we can come up with some sort of agreement. If any of these logos don't fit your game or you just clearly don't like them you are free to create your own. I hope this can help the many people out there who have trouble with other audio libs. Id love any feedback you can give me :)

Advertisement
Sounds like a useful Lib, only problem Iam having is it wont download for me, your site is slow for me and the download just wont start. I will keep trying :)

A small time later: The site is working better now but apart from the Docs the other files seem to have broken links, Iam using latest Firefox in case thats an issue. I got the files by going directly to the 'release' dir and downloading from there.

Also, do you know if a new version of OpenAL is planned or have Creative lost interest?

[Edited by - spookycat on July 16, 2008 8:41:09 AM]

I don't believe a new version of openal will be coming out soon. There is a side project to improve the drivers. The project is called openal soft. The windows release of cAudio comes shipped with the dll for openal soft so it is recommended that you ship that dll with your projects.

I fixed all the download links seemed to have been a problem with my naming scheme on the files.*changed last minute*

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!