• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Deliverance

Compilation errors (FCollada)

This topic is 3722 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just compiled the FCollada library( to do so i commented the lines:
#if defined(_MSC_VER) || defined(__MINGW32__)
#define mkdir(p,m) _mkdir(p)
#define snprintf _snprintf
#define vsnprintf(b,c,f,a) _vsnprintf(b,c,f,a)
#endif

in libxml/config.h and libxml/win32config.h otherwise i was having a lot of errors regarding vsnprintf and snprintf). The problem is i cannot compile a test example because i get a lot of compile errors. Here is the example:
#include <stdio.h>

#include "FCDocument/FCDocument.h"
#include "FCDocument/FCDLibrary.h"
#include "FCDocument/FCDGeometry.h"
#include "FCDocument/FCDGeometryMesh.h"
#include "FCDocument/FCDGeometryPolygons.h"
#include "FCDocument/FCDGeometryPolygonsInput.h"
#include "FCDocument/FCDGeometryPolygonsTools.h"

int main()
{

FUErrorSimpleHandler errorHandler;

// Import of the Eagle sample and retrieve its mesh.
	FUObjectRef<FCDocument> document = FCollada::NewTopDocument();
	PassIf(FCollada::LoadDocumentFromFile(document, FC("Eagle.DAE")));
	PassIf(errorHandler.IsSuccessful());
	FailIf(document->GetGeometryLibrary()->GetEntityCount() == 0);
	FCDGeometry* geometry = document->GetGeometryLibrary()->GetEntity(0);
	FailIf(geometry == NULL || !geometry->IsMesh());
	FCDGeometryMesh* mesh = geometry->GetMesh();
	FailIf(mesh == NULL);
	PassIf(mesh->GetPolygonsCount() == 1);
	size_t originalInputCount = mesh->GetPolygons(0)->GetInputCount();
	PassIf(originalInputCount > 0);
	FCDGeometryPolygonsTools::FitIndexBuffers(mesh, 90);

// Verify the output.
	PassIf(mesh->GetPolygonsCount() == 3);
	size_t expectedCounts[3] = { 90, 90, 72 };
	for (size_t i = 0; i < 3; ++i)
	{
		FCDGeometryPolygons* p = mesh->GetPolygons(i);
		PassIf(p->GetFaceVertexCount() == expectedCounts);
		size_t inputCount = p->GetInputCount();
		PassIf(originalInputCount == inputCount); // Make sure no inputs were lost.
		for (size_t k = 0; k < inputCount; ++k)
		{
			FCDGeometryPolygonsInput* input = p->GetInput(k);
			PassIf(input->GetIndexCount() == expectedCounts);
		}
	}

return 0;
}

and here are the errors
------ Build started: Project: collada_importer, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
main.cpp
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\futils\fuobjecttype.h(31) : error C2470: 'FUObjectType' : looks like a function definition, but there is no parameter list; skipping apparent body
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\futils\fuobject.h(31) : error C2470: 'FUObject' : looks like a function definition, but there is no parameter list; skipping apparent body
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\futils\fuobject.h(106) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'FUObject'
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\futils\fuobject.h(112) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'FUObject'
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\futils\fuobject.h(125) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'FUObject'
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\futils\fuobject.h(106) : error C2065: 'object' : undeclared identifier
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\futils\fuobject.h(106) : error C2227: left of '->SetObjectOwner' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
        type is ''unknown-type''
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\futils\fuobject.h(115) : error C2065: 'object' : undeclared identifier
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\futils\fuobject.h(115) : error C2227: left of '->objectOwner' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
        type is ''unknown-type''
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\futils\fuobject.h(115) : error C2059: syntax error : 'return'
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\futils\fuobject.h(116) : error C2065: 'object' : undeclared identifier
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\futils\fuobject.h(116) : error C2227: left of '->SetObjectOwner' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
        type is ''unknown-type''
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\futils\fuobject.h(115) : error C3861: 'FUAssert': identifier not found
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\futils\fuobject.h(134) : error C2065: 'FUObject' : undeclared identifier
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\futils\fuobject.h(134) : error C2065: 'object' : undeclared identifier
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\futils\fuobject.h(134) : error C2433: 'DynamicCast' : 'inline' not permitted on data declarations
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\futils\fuobject.h(134) : fatal error C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Projects\collada_importer\collada_importer\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
collada_importer - 17 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Advertisement
Hi,

Never had any similar error... and never had to modify any files to make it work. What version are you trying to compile?

The only thing I did was to define "NO_LIBXML" and set the include directories. Just post more information about the environment I can probably provide free support for something like that since they stopped providing it [wink][wink].

Can you tell me what you have done at the moment (defines, include dirs)? Which configuration of FCollada are you compiling?

JFF

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!