• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
marc_moy

Loading 3D models

This topic is 3627 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! First, I'm not so good Game Programmer.. Once, I've loaded a model made in MilkShape3D. I exported it as MilkShape3D ASCII(*.txt). So how did I animate it? I exported every frame and load it on my game then show it one by one. Why? Because I don't know how to load skeletal animation. NOW! the problem is, I'm now using 3DsMax for making my models. I have a little problem on animating it inside 3DsMax.(nevermind that) My question is,What file type to export should I use? (with skeletal animation and of course, for Beginners like me) By the way, I don't like .X files.. because I once tried it and the Panda exporter might have some bugs, well, i dont know. It's just that my model became something like a Christmas tree when I loaded it! so,Please remove .X files from the choices. For any file type suggestions, it would be nice if you have a sample loader of it (hopefully the important part exists - the skeletal animation) Greatly Hoping for your help.. Thanks!

Advertisement
MD5 models (Used in idTech 4 and company) is a text-based format that has skeletal animation. You should check it out.
See this post for a few links: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=408803&whichpage=1�

(I didn't want to steal the links from that guy :P)

Also, the tfc.duke.free.fr site is a great site, worth bookmarking, in my opinion.

where can I get MD5 loader? (source code in C++) preferably using Dx9..

I have made a Loader for md5mesh, but i still dont have the loader for the animation.. i want to see a full md5 loader SOURCE code.. THANKS!!!

can anyone please teach me how does an md5 model animates?

what does orientation means? e.g.

joints {
"Bone01" -1 ( 10.2791862487 -0.0000002662 6.0913658142 ) ( -0.4944145202 0.5055237293 -0.5055239677 ) //
}

VV values VV

joints {
"name" parent ( pos.x pos.y pos.z ) ( orient.x orient.y orient.z )
}

pos.x,y,z means to me that those are the position of that joint.. what about the orient? whats that??

THANKS!!!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!