• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Leviathan278

Looking for programmers to develop game engine

This topic is 3629 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am searching for experienced programmers capable of coding in C++ to develop the game engine our game Midnight 13 will be built upon. The engine supports OpenGL and was started by another programmer some time ago who has now left, It is in very early stages of development and currently cannot load and file formats. In the future when our game is finished it is planned that we release it commercially, All who help in its creation will be paid a percentage of sales to compensate for their work. Anyone who is interested or would like more information, E-mail me at leviathan278@hotmail.com Thankyou for your time

Advertisement
Hello. My advice would be to move this post to the Help Wanted forum (as this is not the right forum for asking for help) and to follow the posting template that they require of posts there.

Furthermore it would help people decide if they wanted to help with your project if you posted screenshots of what you have completed so far. You mention that your engine does not load file formats yet, so what does it actually do? If the engine can not even load 3d models then it might be wise to scrap it all and go with an engine like Ogre which is fairly polished and unless you are making a main stream multimillion dollar game then Ogre should have all the features you will need as well.

I hope this helps!

Please repost this request in the Help Wanted forum. There is a mandatory template for posting in that forum which you must follow (or your thread will be locked).

Thankyou very much for redirecting me, I thought since it was game and programming related i should post here since im new but i wasnt sure.

The game has extensive plot, Ideas and everything else documented, Aswell as a already large OST. Graphically though there is nothing to show, Although there are half a dozen artists working on designs but no 3D models yet so i cant show screenshots just the plot and everything else i mentioned we have which would be easier to just forward the required info to people interested.

We are going to release it commercially and if all goes well it will be a multimillion dollar game but it wont get anywhere without help, I require programmer/s on the team before i can get anything playable and impressive to show potential producers who would distribute the final release. A proprietry engine would be much more impressive and for alot of what is planned would be required.

Even if i didnt use a proprietry engine and used another like Ogre, I would still need a programmer to code the whole game ontop. Which again wouldnt be impressive as being able to say "We did it ALL ourselves"

Anyway thanks for the advice.

This topic is 3629 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.