• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Castaa

What are your Amazon EC2/Cloud Computing experiences/opinions so far?

This topic is 3721 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, Can anyone here recommend some of the better Amazon EC2/Cloud Computing information resources out there on the web? Or give your own personal experiences with it as a developer? My company is thinking of moving our x86 Linux based massively multiplayer game servers to the Amazon EC2 service and I want to be aware of some of the gotchas, benefits, etc. As far a resources go, I know about: http://highscalability.com/ I would like to get developers experiences or opinions. Also I apologize if my question is far to large to ask anyone to answer. Thanks!

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Antheus
What kind of game? Cloud computing isn't suitable for real-time low-latency applications.

Our game is a 2D space MMO. Our game is a bit more network latency sensitive than some MMOs because it does have some arcade game play.

Are initial tests show our ping times are a bit better than our current ISP host. But we need to do more larger scale testing.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!