• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
nomad3d

Tome GS Homebrew Game System

This topic is 3679 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am developing a handheld game system called the Tome GS. I have been kicking around the idea for a while and finally decided to go for it. It is based around the sam7s256 micro controller with 64k ram and 256k of flash for firmware. It uses mini sd for game storage. The cpu is fast enough that it could be used as a music player(wav, mp3, aac). The project will be tackled in three stages hardware -> firmware -> software. I am nearing completion of the hardware phase and have posted a few videos of my progress.
">video of circuit board
">video of lower casing I have been working on so many projects none were making any progress so I decided to work on one per week. That seems to be a sweet spot for me. I alternate between 3d animation, electronics and game programming. I am in the process of creating a web site for my projects you can check it out at www.nmdforward.com and the Tome GS project page at www.nmdforward.com/tgs.htm.

Advertisement
Yea, the dpad and buttons were harvested from a usb joypad. I don't know a place where you can purchase buttons and the rubber contacts.

Tome Update:
I have mounted the lcd to the top case and it is almost finished. The system is placed next to the Nintendo DS for size comparison.

">link to video

looks cool, if you ever start selling them I think you should make the casing less clay like :P Don't forget to post a video of you playing on it when it's done (-:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!