• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Stormtrooper30

CD accompanied with Microsoft C# Programming for the Absolute Beginner

This topic is 3774 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I bought this book a few weeks ago, and I am enjoying making games and such in C#. I popped the CD in today because one of the games that I am making this chapter requires some sprites that the author made. Unfortunatly, the CD would not show up at all. I'm guessing that the CD was damaged in-transit to my house. This is quite a nuisance. If anyone has this book and CD, could you send me a PM/post here? It's quite a let down to not be able to enjoy this book, especially after paying 25 dollars for it. Thanks all, Storm [Edited by - Stormtrooper30 on July 19, 2008 5:49:48 PM]

Advertisement
From what I remember when I read that book most of the sprites were pretty lame. You can get better one for free online anyways.

Well, I'm sure you have a point there. But I've peeked ahead to upcoming chapters (what can I say, I'm impatient), and it looks like I am going to be needing sound files and animations. I could do pretty well with finding my own sprites, but finding sound and making animations is a whole different story.

Where did you buy the book from. I had a similiar situtation with a book purchased from Amazon. They were pretty cool in sending me a replacement. I just had to send back the damaged CD and in a little while I received the replacement. Did you check to see if the CD is online, I know sometimes the author makes the source available on the net.

I think I'm having the same thing with a DVD (with files, not just a movie) that came with a book. The insanely frustrating thing is, I've used it before and it works! And it works in other computers! And other DVD's work in mine!

Once, I tried to put my computer into hibernation with the disc in the drive. I came back, saw that the computer was still on. There was a message box complaining about how the disc in the DVD drive was not formatted correctly. I don't know the right tools to see if this is the problem Stormtrooper is having, or how to fix it in either case. But someone may be able to help.

I would really appreciate if someone figured this out!

I think I might have found the source code for the book online. I haven't downloaded it and looked through it so I might be wrong. Here is the url
http://www.courseptr.com/downloads/codefiles/008186_SourceCode.exe

Thanks for looking Boolean, but that is different from my book. The author of the book I have is Andy Harris, and the chapters do not add up. I looked at the programs discussed in the book and they are not the same as the programs that are in the file.

I bought the book from a third party on Amazon, so I could get the cheapest price. Unfortunatly, that party has not responding to any of my numerous emails. The only thing I can do is leave bad feedback on them, but they obviously don't care.

Here's what you can probably do. I bought a book from Amazaon.com and the publisher was primer. I searched the internet for their number, and I called them up and told them that I bought the book from amazon, and asked them if they would be able to send me a replacement cd. They said just send the damaged cd to the address the provided and I got the cd shortly after. Good luck.

boolean010

Alright, I'll try that. Waiting for a few weeks is a drag though.

If anyone has this book, could you PM me? That way I can have the files a trifle earlier?

Thanks Boolean.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!