• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
KooriTsume

Thinking of using Torque but...

This topic is 3795 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone. I've been thinking of working on a 2D game using Torque Game Builder, but the problem I have is that I don't really know how to use it. I do have programming experience, and I've looked at a few tutorials, but the tutorials that I've used tell me what to do, and not what the things I'm doing are doing for the program. For example, they tell me to check this box, uncheck that box, etc, but it doesn't inform me on what it's doing. If I don't know what I'm doing, I can't really expand on anything other than what that type of tutorial is doing. So my question is this: Does anyone know of a good tutorial for TGB that explains what its doing? Can it explain what the options I'm told to choose mean, and how they work? Thanks. ~Koori Tsume

Advertisement
Better place to ask would be over at the GG forums. I've gotten plenty of help from those guys. Generally I've found the tutorials that ship with the engine to be pretty well-done. There's also the Torque Developer Network wiki which is very useful for filling in any gaps. You just using a trial version of have you actually purchased it?

I've purchased it, but I didn't to use the ones that came with it (I don't know why XD). I should have taken a look at them, I went right to looking for some online but couldn't find anything.
Thanks,
~Koori Tsume.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!