• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
staticVoid2

skinned mesh animation

This topic is 3795 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, I've ran into a problem with skinned mesh animation and was wondering what the correct way to do this is: I have a typical skinned mesh model with a bone/frame hierarchy where each bone has a group of vertices attached to it, when I render this model I set the world matrix to be that of the bones combined matrix with its parent(s) for each bone then render the bones group of vertices. The problem is now that I am taking into account vertex weights so each vertex has to be transformed through the matrix and then a specific weight has to be applied as well, I was wondering if there is a more efficient way of rendering, like the method above, although with vertex weights included? if I was to replicate the full model each frame into another buffer would this not slow the frame rate right down? , In other words, how is this done profesionally?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!