• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Yperloxas

OpenGL Visual C++ Forms

This topic is 3765 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How can i create OpenGL forms in visual c++ 9.0? Is there any working demo anywhere? In google search i found only info about c# opengl forms.Also gl interfaces like glui works only with glut and have only basic interface design support. Can someone share his experience with interfaces design for opengl programs?This is somehow obscure subject over the net. What is the best choice and easy to learn other than visual c++?

Advertisement
c# opengl forms controls you mention are (should be?) easy to modify to C++ forms (after all it's all .net)[Or more appropriately used as reference material - to create your C++ opengl controls].

I have given a brief summary of a powerful and simple implementation here
You can probably implement opengl in just about any/many Control/s?

you should also get a little bit of stuff searching with "Opengl Forms control C++".

Hope that's helped some.

A way i used while developing a tile map editor was, make the UI in VB/C#, and use a C++ DLL together (the so-called 'helper' DLL) with the program to setup and use OpenGL.

It's pretty easy, you just import the right functions from your DLL (render, setup), and feed the DLL with the window's HWND.

To get the HWND, you must declare the function using an IntPtr for your HWND parameter, and use <control>.Handle. Then you just setup and use OpenGL as you would normally do! Just remember to make a Timer object to tick every millisecond and to draw on every tick.

Also, this little trick also works with Direct3D.

Hope i was able to help, keep up the good work!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!