• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Numsgil

Unity C# Post Build events

This topic is 3627 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is a follow-up to a question I posted a year ago. I'm building my own unit testing framework to function the way I want it to. I've gotten as far as the unit testing project returning non 0 exit codes when there's an error. And I've included running the unit test assembly as a post build event for the unit test project, so the unit tests are part of my build process. So the whole build process fails if theres a failing unit test. But what I really want to do after the unit tests have failed is debug the unit test project, so I can follow the program execution flow and identify problems that way. C++ projects let me run the "outdated" assembly, but C# seems smarter than that. It just keeps trying to rebuild the failing project instead. So, my question is: is there a way to have my cake and eat it to? Can I set up my unit test as part of the build process so that it will fail the build for failing tests, AND have it allow me to debug the unit testing assembly?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!