• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
opdude

Invalid D3DDISPLAYMODEFILTER specified. GetAdapterModeCountEx returns zero

This topic is 3624 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey there, While debugging my directX app I noticed I was getting an error whenever I called
Manager.Adapters.Default.SupportedDisplayModes
the error I receive is
Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Invalid D3DDISPLAYMODEFILTER specified. GetAdapterModeCountEx returns zero.
I get the same error as this post, but it was never answered. http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=464325 Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance

Advertisement
I may be missing something here because I'm completely unfamiliar with MDX, but it seems pretty strange to me that it's using Direct3D9Ex rather than just straight D3D9 (D3D9Ex only runs on Vista). Is this something you've specified somewhere?

I guess MDX creates an IDirect3D9Ex interface when running in Vista then. Still doesn't explain your problem though...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!