So many physics libraries - recommendations

Started by
1 comment, last by davek20 15 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I am reviewing the current open source physics libraries available. There are so many its overwhelming. Bullet, Tokamak, PhysX, ODE, etc etc Any recommendations? Our project involves vehicles, hover and land, projectiles, and buildings. We may be interested in some ragdoll stuff too (when we get there!) Thanks for your advice! Si
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by sipickles
Our project involves vehicles, hover and land, projectiles, and buildings.

I call Newton (Archimedia, not 1.53 - PM Julio on the forums for a beta): Newton Game Dynamics

Check out the forums, too - especially k00m's demo (the last demo in his mega-demo has lots of vehicles, including a big rig).
I was using ODE for the past little bit and it was great. But when they released version 0.10 my program would cause a lot of internal errors in ODE and apparently lots of people have the same problem. I'm going to use it again once some of the bugs are fixed in a new release (the errors I was getting was with trimesh collisions). I would recommend version 0.9 of it.

I recently started to read up on Bullet physics. It looks very promising but I haven't used it just yet, maybe later in the week I'll try it.

In any physics library, you should be able to create ragdolls (some of them might have a built in primitive for it).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement