• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BrioCyrain

DirectX 11 has been announced!

This topic is 3624 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
The crucial detail:
Quote:
DX 11 will support Windows Vista and future version of the platform, as well as DX 10, DX10.1, and future DX 11 hardware
So without seeing any code we can ascertain that you've got current and future software platforms as well as hardware in the mix here. No need for the doom-n-gloom crowd to harp on about dodgy marketting tactics or other such rubbish [grin]

From what I've seen, they've got the multi-targetting side of the technology about as good as it could be.

Jack

Quote:
Original post by jollyjeffers
The crucial detail:
Quote:
DX 11 will support Windows Vista and future version of the platform, as well as DX 10, DX10.1, and future DX 11 hardware
So without seeing any code we can ascertain that you've got current and future software platforms as well as hardware in the mix here. No need for the doom-n-gloom crowd to harp on about dodgy marketting tactics or other such rubbish [grin]

I suspected this would always be the case, MS generally bend over backwards to keep things compatible and DX10 was a major break and remold, for both driver diffferences and hardware differences between DX10 and DX9 devices, and I doubt hardware is going to change that much between DX10 and DX11.

That said, reason hardly ever works on the doom-n-gloom squard [wink]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!