virtools 4.1 drag and snap

Started by
1 comment, last by thyscorpion 15 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I am new to 3d gaming and was scouting for a 3d engine to suite my needs. I found virtools 4.1 to be a nice option to explore further. Now a friend of mine has used virtools (try it out) and said he couldn't get virtools to drag-n-snap to objects. is that true? does virtools lack simple drag and snapping functionality. Eg: a puzzle where one has to snap correct object to similar shapes.. i was planning to make a 3d environment where pre school kids can pan the camera or change the cam angle al together (fly around) and also drag and snap object according to shapes.. can anyone confirm if all this would be possible in virtools? thanks a ton..
Advertisement
I'm not sure if it comes with "drag-n-snap" functionality, but any functionality that is missing from Virtools you can easily add in yourself by using Virtools Scripting Language (VSL) code (or by writing your own plug-in in another language such as C++).

So yes, it is definitely possible - you may require some programming experience though.
Quote:Original post by Hodgman
I'm not sure if it comes with "drag-n-snap" functionality, but any functionality that is missing from Virtools you can easily add in yourself by using Virtools Scripting Language (VSL) code (or by writing your own plug-in in another language such as C++).

So yes, it is definitely possible - you may require some programming experience though.

hmm! well i do know C++ at an intermediate level. will give it a try then..
but all in all do u recommend Virtools for interactive games like the one i described above?
my main aim is also to have minimal programming so that my 3dmax guys can easily learn it and go ahead in it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement