• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
devronious

[.net] J# how to access dll's...

This topic is 3714 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need to use the BigDecimal number from J# but I'm used to c# and can't figure out how to access it or which dll its in or anything. I installed the Java SE runtime and SDK, what do I reference in my project? -TIA Devin

Advertisement
The java SDK and runtime has nothing to do with J# - J# is not java. Why on earth are you using it in the first place? Unless it's legacy code go with either proper Java or C#.

Quote:
Original post by devronious
Thanks, I'm trying to access the BigDecimal numbers from J#. I thought it was Java, strange, what is J#?

J# is a .NET language that is similar to Java, but developed and maintained completely by Microsoft.

I chose to use c# when I installed VS so now I don't seem to have access to any j# files, how do I start it? And more importantly how do I access BigDecimal? Or is that part of Java?

ok you're confused

stop think java , jave has nothing to do with all this , nor with bigdecimal , nor with J# , nor with C#

J# is a .net managed language (just like C#) but you don't need to "access J# files" to use bigdecimal , just like C# (or any other .net language) J# gets compiled into something named "assemblies" wich are made of a common assembler like language all .net languages compile to , so you reference a J# assembly just like a C# assembly , because they're both assembly , once compiled they're actually no diferent they are just assemblies , you need to find out the full name of the assembly tho and i don't know if J# assemblies are distributed as part of .net or separately (in wich case you may need to download J# separately)

in your project you have an assembly folder in visual studio , right click it & use add assembly and just select the j# assembly you need from there .

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!