[.net] J# how to access dll's...

Started by
6 comments, last by devronious 15 years, 8 months ago
I need to use the BigDecimal number from J# but I'm used to c# and can't figure out how to access it or which dll its in or anything. I installed the Java SE runtime and SDK, what do I reference in my project? -TIA Devin
Advertisement
The java SDK and runtime has nothing to do with J# - J# is not java. Why on earth are you using it in the first place? Unless it's legacy code go with either proper Java or C#.
You can access any of the J# assemblies by adding them as a reference, the same as any other .NET library.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
Thanks, I'm trying to access the BigDecimal numbers from J#. I thought it was Java, strange, what is J#?
Quote:Original post by devronious
Thanks, I'm trying to access the BigDecimal numbers from J#. I thought it was Java, strange, what is J#?

J# is a .NET language that is similar to Java, but developed and maintained completely by Microsoft.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
I chose to use c# when I installed VS so now I don't seem to have access to any j# files, how do I start it? And more importantly how do I access BigDecimal? Or is that part of Java?
ok you're confused

stop think java , jave has nothing to do with all this , nor with bigdecimal , nor with J# , nor with C#

J# is a .net managed language (just like C#) but you don't need to "access J# files" to use bigdecimal , just like C# (or any other .net language) J# gets compiled into something named "assemblies" wich are made of a common assembler like language all .net languages compile to , so you reference a J# assembly just like a C# assembly , because they're both assembly , once compiled they're actually no diferent they are just assemblies , you need to find out the full name of the assembly tho and i don't know if J# assemblies are distributed as part of .net or separately (in wich case you may need to download J# separately)

in your project you have an assembly folder in visual studio , right click it & use add assembly and just select the j# assembly you need from there .
Great, ya I was a little confused about J# and Java.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement