• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Driv3MeFar

'_invalid_parameter_noinfo': identifier not found?

This topic is 3793 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've recently been seeing this when compiling any of my projects in Release mode, and I have no idea what may be causing it:
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\xlocale(1832) : error C2039: '_invalid_parameter_noinfo' : is not a member of '`global namespace''
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\xlocale(1832) : error C3861: '_invalid_parameter_noinfo': identifier not found
I'm using Visual Studio Express Edition 2005, running Vista. Cursoring googling reveals nothing helpful [see edit], and I have no idea how to fix this. Like I said this is with any project being built in release mode, and some (seemingly random) projects won't build in either debug or release. The error is pointing here:
	virtual const _Elem *__CLR_OR_THIS_CALL _Do_widen_s(const char *_First,
		const char *_Last, _Elem *_Dest, size_t _Dest_size) const
		{	// widen chars in [_First, _Last)
		_DEBUG_RANGE(_First, _Last);
		_DEBUG_POINTER(_Dest);
		_SCL_SECURE_ALWAYS_VALIDATE_RANGE(_Dest_size >= (size_t)(_Last - _First)); //this line
		_CRT_SECURE_MEMCPY(_Dest, _Dest_size, _First, _Last - _First);
		return (_Last);
		}

Has anyone seen this before, and found a solution they would like to share? Thanks! Edit: This appears to be a problem with _SCL_SECURE, as described here, however, I've defined
#define _SCL_SECURE 0
At the top of each of my files, and when that didn't work added _SCL_SECURE 0 to Project Properties->C++->Preprocessor->Preprocessor Definitions. Still get the same errors [sad]. [Edited by - Driv3MeFar on July 24, 2008 12:17:19 AM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!