Caligari trueSpace 7 released for free

Started by
5 comments, last by BLiTZWiNG 15 years, 9 months ago
I don't know why my news article was rejected, I thought this was a perfectly reasonable thing to shout about, no? Anyway, regardless of the unknown motives of the moderators, I thought you should know TrueSpace 7.6 is available for free download, along with the PDF manual and video tutorials. Sorry, but I couldn't see a more fitting forum to place this. Register and grab yours here: http://forums.caligari.com/track/link.asp?name=tS76ts7a&code=3 EDIT: My news item was thrown in. Woo! [Edited by - deadstar on July 25, 2008 8:54:49 PM]

"The right, man, in the wrong, place, can make all the dif-fer-rence in the world..." - GMan, Half-Life 2

A blog of my SEGA Megadrive development adventures: http://www.bigevilcorporation.co.uk

Advertisement
Well, time to learn TrueSpace. I wonder how it measures up against XSI Mod Tool.

Also, does your sig really need to be so obnoxiously huge?
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Quote:Original post by Promit
Also, does your sig really need to be so obnoxiously huge?

Was thinking that this morning. That little trick generates so much traffic though...

I'll cut it down when I can think of something else. Besides, I've seen worse.

"The right, man, in the wrong, place, can make all the dif-fer-rence in the world..." - GMan, Half-Life 2

A blog of my SEGA Megadrive development adventures: http://www.bigevilcorporation.co.uk

Well, time to learn TrueSpace. I wonder how it measures up against XSI Mod Tool.

I'm curious to know this as well, and how it compares to Maya. Obviously Maya isn't free, but I am curious to know how usable TrueSpace is.

Quote:Original post by Moe

I'm curious to know this as well, and how it compares to Maya. Obviously Maya isn't free, but I am curious to know how usable TrueSpace is.

It doesn't. But it sure beats out Blender(the only other decent free 3D software I know of) in usability!
I know Lamothe was a big TrueSpace fan since he used it to create most of the 3D Models for all of the games he made for his "Tricks of the Game Programming Guru's" books.
When I last used tried TrueSpace it was like a simple version of 3D Max(the old versions anyways since the newer versions of 3D Max actually look and work alot more like Maya with the latest release).
Anyways, I'll definitely check it out now especially if it's being given away for free!
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Quote:It doesn't. But it sure beats out Blender(the only other decent free 3D software I know of) in usability!

Well if TrueSpace is so great in useability, why does the gallery stink? I have tried an old version of truespace and I very much disliked it- but this was also during the time that I dispised Blender. Now I like Blender. Once you give it a real go, you find out that there is nothing wrong with the interface at all.
I used the earlier versions of trueSpace (2 & 3 and even 4 for a while). They were pretty darn good. Compared to my XSI experience, well, XSI is garbage (YMMV).

Now, if only MAX looked as nice as TS... and was maybe as cheap too!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement