std::list riddle

Started by
3 comments, last by dangerdaveCS 15 years, 9 months ago
Hey. I've run a profiler on my code, and with a whopping 34% of my processing going to the following crazy function (as output by the profiler), I would really like to know what I'm dealing with (note INTTRIPLE is a struct I created to simply store 3 ints):

std::list<struct INTTRIPLE,class std::allocator<struct INTTRIPLE> >::_Orphan_ptr(class std::list<struct INTTRIPLE,class std::allocator<struct INTTRIPLE> > &,struct std::_List_nod<struct INTTRIPLE,class std::allocator<struct INTTRIPLE> >::_Node *)const

Can anyone decode this mess for me? Thanks for any help,
Dave.
Advertisement
This is an internal function called by the list, though off-hand I have no idea what it does. Your profiler should tell you where it's being called from (translated in terms of actual functions from your code).
Don't profile a Debug build?
It would appear that the function is used by the iterator debugging support, which in turn tends to suggest that you're profiling a debug build, because iterator debugging should be off when _DEBUG is not defined. Profiling a debug build is, of course, mostly pointless.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Ah brilliant, thanks for the help everyone! I'll turn off debugging and reprofile.
Dave.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement