Sign in to follow this  
steveworks

Ti- Basic pixle problems

I am trying to make a game in TI-Basic for the TI 83+ that does not include ASCII text as the graphics. Right now I am learning to manipulate pixles in a program so that I can make good (albeit slow) sprites. I don't care how slow the game runs and am shooting for something along the lines of Contra 83 for the TI 83+. My problem is that when I use the Pxl-on command it will shoot the pixles to the far left of the screen and give me a domain error. right now I am starting with making my own crosshair (+). here is my code. It should work but If I made a stupid mistake and am not seeing it please notify me. plots off FnOff Zstandard axes off gridoff 33-> x 48-> y pxl-on(x,y) pxl-on(x-1,y) pxl-on(x+1,y) pxl-on(x,y-1) pxl-on(x,y+1)

Quote:
Original post by steveworks
I am trying to make a game in TI-Basic for the TI 83+ that does not include ASCII text as the graphics. Right now I am learning to manipulate pixles in a program so that I can make good (albeit slow) sprites. I don't care how slow the game runs and am shooting for something along the lines of Contra 83 for the TI 83+. My problem is that when I use the Pxl-on command it will shoot the pixles to the far left of the screen and give me a domain error. right now I am starting with making my own crosshair (+).

here is my code. It should work but If I made a stupid mistake and am not seeing it please notify me.
plots off
FnOff
Zstandard
axes off
gridoff

33-> x
48-> y

pxl-on(x,y)
pxl-on(x-1,y)
pxl-on(x+1,y)
pxl-on(x,y-1)
pxl-on(x,y+1)

You might find better help on this somewhere else... but either way I'd look into a ASM shell for the ti and learning the asm language, you can actually make semi decent games using asm on a ti-83 or greater.

Wow, I haven't touched this in...5 years maybe?
Anyways, TiCalc.org is one of the best places I've seen for Ti related stuff.

Do you have the user's guide for your Ti-83? If you don't you can grab it from here. Page 237 will be of interest
This(<- is a link although it doesn't seem to show correctly?) may be of interest. It details using pt-on, and not pxl, which might be easier as you can then (from what I recall) use the '+' cross mark style.

However, according to the guide, what you are doing seems correct.
So, start removing the visual sugar (plot off, etc). And use a hard coded value to begin with.

So, as a program, try *just* pxl-on(5,5). Does that work?

You aren't using split screen are you?
Quote:
On a Horiz split screen, the maximum value for row is 30 for Pxl.On(,
Pxl.Off(, Pxl.Change(, and pxl.Test(.
On a G.T split screen, the maximum value for row is 50 and the maximum
value for column is 46 for Pxl.On(, Pxl.Off(, Pxl.Change(, and pxl.Test(.

thanks for the help. NO I am not using splitscreen but my TI 83+ isn't really working right now anyway. Someone bumped me this mourning and I accidentaly got it run over by a car along with everything else in my backpack :( . I'll look into asm and maybe join maxcoderz too. I'm just happy I still have a TI 84+ to work on.