Sign in to follow this  
_Sigma

Change VAX colors

I have an r++ cookie for anyone who can tell me how to change the background of the Visual Assist Find References Results window. My colours are unreadable on the white background... I used to know how to do this, however...for the life of me I can't sort it out again!

Quote:
Original post by _Sigma
Seriously, no one knows this?

I doubt the majority of people here use Visual Assist - it isn't cheap! I have it at work, but seeing as its the weekend... :)

Quote:
Original post by smacdo
Quote:
Original post by _Sigma
Seriously, no one knows this?

I doubt the majority of people here use Visual Assist - it isn't cheap! I have it at work, but seeing as its the weekend... :)

Hmmm...I was pretty sure that a lot of people here use it - and compared to the price of VS, it really isn't that much!

While changing the forground colors of the window is easy and intuitive, sadly, it doesn't seem changing the background color of the find references window is possible at the moment.

"If you darken only the background color of text using Tools|Options|Environment|Fonts and Colors, apply enhanced syntax coloring only to source windows. There typically is not enough contrast in a set of colors so they stand out in both dark and light backgrounds."

"If you darken the background color of all windows and dropdowns using Display Properties|Appearance|Color Scheme, you can apply enhanced syntax colors to all objects."

While this works, it hardly seems to be an acceptable solution to ask users to change their entire Windows color scheme. Hopefully someone can propose a more effective work around; this is a feature I've longed for for a while now.