• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

boost::multi_array and STL algorithms

This topic is 3500 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, Right now I'm iterating over the sectors in my game in the following way: for(boost::multi_array<Sector, 2>::index i = 0; i < Depth; ++i) for(boost::multi_array<Sector, 2>::index j = 0; j < Width; ++j) { Sector *pSector = &m_Sectors[j]; pSector->SaveToFile(FilePointer); } But I saw that boost::multi_array also has iterators. So I thought I'd write the following: for_each(m_Sectors.begin(), m_Sectors.end(), bind2nd(mem_fun_ref(&Sector::SaveToFile), FilePointer)); But for some reason this doesn't compile. Anyway, I thought: maybe I'll try to use the iterators manually in a loop and see what it does: typedef boost::multi_array<Sector, 2> SECARRAY; for(SECARRAY::iterator It = m_Sectors.begin(); It != m_Sectors.end(); ++It) g_pLog << "Sector found!" << std::endl; But it only iterates over the elements in one dimension! For example: if I have a 2x1 array it prints out 2 messages correctly, but if I have a 1x2 array it only prints out 1 message! What am I doing wrong here? Am I even supposed to be able to work with the iterators of multi_array? I'd appreciate some help, Jeroen

Advertisement
The documentation tells me that the value_type (what you iterate on) is the immediately nested type of the array. Therefore, you're iterating over rows, and need a second iteration to get to the actual values in those rows.

I would suggest using array.origin() and array.origin() + array.num_elements() instead.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement