Sign in to follow this  

Error I can't seem to solve

This topic is 3461 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm getting 2 errors, I believe the second is just because of the first: Error 1 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3D10CreateDeviceAndSwapChain@32 Example2.obj and Error 2 fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals C:\Users\Genoxd\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Example2_Direct3D_Drawing_to_the_screen\Release\Example2_Direct3D_Drawing_to_the_screen.exe Here's a link to the code . I've linked the d3d10.lib and set up the path to the DirectX include and lib folders, still getting this error. I believe I linked it correctly.

Quote:
Original post by owiley
there's something else needing linking

Right, because thats nothing if not vague. Anyway, a quick google brought this solution up:

http://forums.xna.com/forums/t/3821.aspx

Give it a shot, see if it works.

I actually found that link the other day, and I believe I have D3D10 (not D3D10_1) I'm following a book called "Beginning DirectX 10 Game Programming" It came with a CD that had the, supposed, correct DirectX SDK for the book (june 2007) Any idea if I should get the june 2008 download? And how would I go about checking if I'm using D3D10_1 or D3D10?

Thank you for all your help.

Sign in to follow this