• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
blueshogun96

OpenGL D3DCAPS9::VertexProcessingCaps (Always 0!)

This topic is 3673 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone. I was writing a game engine that supports multiple APIs (i.e. Both Direct3D and OpenGL for Gfx, DirectSound, XAudio and OpenAL for audio, and DirectInput and XInput for input devices, via plugin system, etc). Everything is fine except for my Direct3D driver's initialization. I'm using IDirect3D9::GetDeviceCaps to determine support for T&L HAL on the users card. At first it worked fine, but ever since I updated my drivers some time ago, it always returns 0. I use D3DCREATE_HARDWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING and it works fine. Is this really a problem with NVIDIA's drivers? Or is there a better way of detecting T&L HAL? Thanks.

Advertisement
If you want to check for hardware T&L, check the DevCaps member of the D3DCAPS9 structure for the presence for the D3DDEVCAPS_HWTRANSFORMANDLIGHT flag.

What do you mean by "returns 0"? If you're talking about the return value of the function, then it's supposed to return D3D_OK, which is 0. Otherwise, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!