Sign in to follow this  
Nirav_Shah

Visual C++ 2005

Hi all, I am facing strange problem in VC++ 2005.When I try to compile .cpp file which contains inline function declarations than linker is giving "Unresolved External symbol error" when i remove the inline keyword it works just fine. In fact i have tried it by taking small example in which it works just fine with even inline keyword in source file. But when i try to do same thing with my engine code than linker is complaining.Please help me to figure out the problem. Thanks.

Thanks Portmanteau for quick response :). I know that inline function definition can be placed in header file But i want to maintain the function declaration and definition in seperate files hence i would like to place the definition in .inl file.so i am using the inline keyword in .inl file but linker complaining with this.

You can place the definition in your .ini file if you want, just #include the .ini file at the bottom of the header file.

Basically take the exact code that would be in the header and place it in your .ini, and #include it right after the declarations.