Calculating where to aim to hit a moving target

Started by
2 comments, last by Zakwayda 15 years, 9 months ago
Ok so I've searched this site and couldn't find an answer. I also found the web and the best I've found so far was this: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/recipes/Missile_Guidance_System.aspx However that is really hard for me to understand. My goal is to have a way to calculate where to aim to hit a linear moving target that doesn't change its acceleration or velocity with a projectile that will take time to reach its mark, in other words no instantly moving bullets. I also don't want to have to loop through different time steps to finally find the angle I need to aim with. After all my searching and trying to understand I'm sure I'll need to learn the Quartic formula because all of the resources I've found have mentioned it. If anyone can point me to a place or can describe how to do it in a easy to understand way I would GREATLY appreciate it! Thanks [Edited by - Cthul on July 26, 2008 4:58:24 PM]
Advertisement
Quote:...where to aim to hit a linear moving target that does change its acceleration or velocity...
Did you by any chance mean 'doesn't change its acceleration or velocity'? Or is the above correct as written?
I did mean 'doesn't'. It's been corrected.
Well, your 'search-fu' must be a little off today, because there is a currently active thread on this topic in this very forum :) (In fact, at the moment it's right below yours.)

Here's a link.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement