• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Cain La Croix

Good 2D Engine for RPG Creation

This topic is 3709 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am currently working on a series of games. Well not all at the same time. I plan to make one 2D RPG Game using C++ then make a sequel to that game in Isometric or 3D, then a 3rd sequel in 3D. Which I know will most likey take a few years to finish all three. But I am determined to do it with my current team. Now on to my question... I am looking for a 2D Engine that can handle all the graphics, sounds, particles and everything else that should be in a graphics engine to support my 2D RPG. I could try to make my own but that will take quite awhile and I would rather go straight to coding my RPG. So I was wondering if anyone can tell me or recommend a 2D Engine capable of all that I mentioned? Or will I have to resort to my own?

Advertisement
Thanks for the link. And Haaf's Game Engine is very nice. But it's a "Game" Engine. I don't think I can use it as a Graphics Engine. But thanks anyway.

EDIT: Nevermind I think I can use it as an API, I didn't look into it that much. Thanks. :)

If you're looking more for a programing route, XNA has an RPG Starter Kit that you can use to jump start your game.

http://creators.xna.com/en-us/starterkit/roleplayinggame

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!