• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
squashed_bug

Does my game run on your computer?

This topic is 3670 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Just wondering if anyone would be kind enough to test my game on their computer. I was having some issues running it on a laptop the other day but sadly I no longer have access to it. You can download it here!!! I'd love to know if you are able to see the title screen and if you can't or it crashes could you please post the contents of log.txt and error_log.txt. Thanks.

Advertisement
i get a Microsoft visual c++ runtime library error saying: Runtime Error!....
...this app has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
log and error_log are emtpy. I have vista ultimate 32

I also get that runtime error (I'm on win2000 right now, my XP machine is at work).

Quote:
Original post by latelate
works for me. Running xp home sp2

hmm. Maybe it's the msvc runtime dlls. I'm running XP service pack 2. Has anyone had these issues before?

Should I not be including msvc*.dll in my game directory?

"i get a Microsoft visual c++ runtime library error saying: Runtime Error!....
...this app has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way."

Here too. XP SP2

Cheers
Dark Sylinc

PS: I bet you're missing the *.manifest files

The manifest is embedded.

If you supply us with an executable with full debug info, we may be able to at least pinpoint the crash place. I could also perhaps send you a zipped crashdump.

Anyway, the call stack looks something like this at the time of crash:

SDL 10028f8b()

SDL 10015e73()

SDL 1000147e()

SDL 1002961e()

SDL 10028e6e()

I looked at the exports table for SDL.dll, but couldn't find those exact addresses. The dll probably rebases itself upon load.

The reason for crash seems to be a C++ exception thrown by operator new(), or by code immediately after it (perhaps reading a NULL pointer? Perhaps a constructor being called and causing an exception?). Very hard to tell without proper debug info.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!