Does my game run on your computer?

Started by
19 comments, last by squashed_bug 15 years, 8 months ago
Just wondering if anyone would be kind enough to test my game on their computer. I was having some issues running it on a laptop the other day but sadly I no longer have access to it. You can download it here!!! I'd love to know if you are able to see the title screen and if you can't or it crashes could you please post the contents of log.txt and error_log.txt. Thanks.
Advertisement
i get a Microsoft visual c++ runtime library error saying: Runtime Error!....
...this app has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
log and error_log are emtpy. I have vista ultimate 32
I also get that runtime error (I'm on win2000 right now, my XP machine is at work).
Q: How many programmers does it take to write a nice piece of software?A: MORE.
works for me. Running xp home sp2
:(

ok thanks.

Im installing a fresh copy of XP at the moment so I'll see if it'll run on that.
Quote:Original post by latelate
works for me. Running xp home sp2

hmm. Maybe it's the msvc runtime dlls. I'm running XP service pack 2. Has anyone had these issues before?

Should I not be including msvc*.dll in my game directory?
i tried removing them but i get the same error
Are you giving out the debug build or the release build?
"i get a Microsoft visual c++ runtime library error saying: Runtime Error!....
...this app has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way."

Here too. XP SP2

Cheers
Dark Sylinc

PS: I bet you're missing the *.manifest files
The manifest is embedded.

If you supply us with an executable with full debug info, we may be able to at least pinpoint the crash place. I could also perhaps send you a zipped crashdump.

Anyway, the call stack looks something like this at the time of crash:

SDL 10028f8b()

SDL 10015e73()

SDL 1000147e()

SDL 1002961e()

SDL 10028e6e()

I looked at the exports table for SDL.dll, but couldn't find those exact addresses. The dll probably rebases itself upon load.

The reason for crash seems to be a C++ exception thrown by operator new(), or by code immediately after it (perhaps reading a NULL pointer? Perhaps a constructor being called and causing an exception?). Very hard to tell without proper debug info.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement