trueSpace 7.6 released... now free!!!!

Started by
9 comments, last by Daaark 15 years, 8 months ago
Hi there, first off, I have no affiliation with Caligari other than having used their products for many years now... I figured I'd let you guys know that their 3D modeling and rendering software trueSpace is now free in it's latest version 7.6 This is a pretty impressive 3D modeling software which works well as a game content creation package. Check it out at http://www.caligari.com/
Advertisement
It's on the front page.

"The right, man, in the wrong, place, can make all the dif-fer-rence in the world..." - GMan, Half-Life 2

A blog of my SEGA Megadrive development adventures: http://www.bigevilcorporation.co.uk

Quote:Original post by GoodFun
I figured I'd let you guys know that their 3D modeling and rendering software trueSpace is now free in it's latest version 7.6
Clicky.

Hi
I downloaded true space and installed it but it did not work on my computer
when I start the software it just shows me the title page and it stays there and nothing happens!!!
Any ideas why this is happening??!!!
Quote:Original post by maldakkak
Hi
I downloaded true space and installed it but it did not work on my computer
when I start the software it just shows me the title page and it stays there and nothing happens!!!
Any ideas why this is happening??!!!
Run it as an administrator.

Sorry it may sound stupid not to know that but how do I run it as an administrator?
I have windows Vista on my computer..
Right Click -> Run As Administrator

Truespace's interface is horrid, but I downloaded it and I'm giving it a spin. It is afterall free [wink]
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Thanks for the reply
I tried it on windows XP and it worked fine. It could be actually related to the fact that i don't have enough memory on my computer running windows vista.
It crashes at the title screen when you don't run as admin. You right click on the shortcut and choose run as admin, or you can look in the shortcut properties and set it to always run as admin.

ZeroWolf, 100% agreement. It's even worse that the program is running 6.6 and 7.6 at the same time and has a bridge between the 2 versions, copying data over constantly.
I saw that the other day on the XNA forums. It would be nice to have a good replacement for XSI|ModTool, which constantly crashes on me and is now a problem since I have to sell my game on XNA Community Games. I didn't get very far when playing around with it...does anybody know whether it has decent support for custom DX9 shaders/effects via SAS or whatever? I currently have that all hooked up pretty nicely with ModTool, and I'd hate to migrate to a tool that didn't support that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement