• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
LivestockTony

[web] flash develop, mp3 (resolved)

This topic is 3615 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So... mxmlc didn't recognize my .wav's (got a compile error, asking for a mime encoder), and so I converted them to .mp3 with WinLame. I was experienceing extremely long compile times, so I separated my sound assets to a separate .as, intending to build a library. Testing with just 1 46k mp3, I can't get the compile to finish. (I'm giving up at about 10 minutes, though while I write this I've got one trying that's been going for 15.) I'm compiling on a 2.26GHz P4, 2GB Ram... fsch is using 99% of CPU. What type of compile time should I be experiencing? The .as3 code on the test class is:
Quote:
package{ import flash.media.Sound; public class soundstuff extends sound { [Embed(source = 'soundclip.mp3')] public var soundSND:class; public var SoundClip:Sound = new SoundSND(); } }
EDIT: I don't know why I labeled the thread flash builder instead of flash develop, but in anycase, uninstalling/reinstalling Java and FlashDevelop fixed my embed prob. Unfortunately, it's too late for me to delete the thread -TF [Edited by - LivestockTony on July 28, 2008 8:19:20 PM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!