• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny123

Code::Blocks::ProgramTooBig?

This topic is 3670 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I started using Code::Blocks for the first time last week. And I keep getting this weird problem. Every now and then when I compile a program it says "Program too big to fit in memory". And from then on, it always says that when I compile and run that program. Undoing any new changes doesn't work... Restarting pc doesn't do anything... Though, Compiling other projects works fine... BUT Even restoring a fully working back up (before the error) of the program now produces the 'Program too big' error, from then on. The only way I can fix this error, is too delete the whole project and start again (keeping the .h and .cpp files of course)!!! 0_o I'm using version 8.02. Any one else have this problem? I really like working in Code::Blocks, but this error is making it impossible to use.

Advertisement
I have not encountered the message in question, but you should definitely update to the latest nightly build, just to eliminate that as a possible source of error.
If you do not find a solution here, you should take it to the official CB forums (remember to inform about platform) to make sure there will be a fix in a nightly build somewhere in the future (it can take some time to eliminate the bug).
Also, have you tried running CB in debug version? I am sure that the CB developers would love to have the info you can collect when running debug (from such a crash, that is).

[Edited by - nife87 on July 29, 2008 6:49:57 AM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!