Code::Blocks::ProgramTooBig?

Started by
0 comments, last by nife87 15 years, 8 months ago
I started using Code::Blocks for the first time last week. And I keep getting this weird problem. Every now and then when I compile a program it says "Program too big to fit in memory". And from then on, it always says that when I compile and run that program. Undoing any new changes doesn't work... Restarting pc doesn't do anything... Though, Compiling other projects works fine... BUT Even restoring a fully working back up (before the error) of the program now produces the 'Program too big' error, from then on. The only way I can fix this error, is too delete the whole project and start again (keeping the .h and .cpp files of course)!!! 0_o I'm using version 8.02. Any one else have this problem? I really like working in Code::Blocks, but this error is making it impossible to use.
Advertisement
I have not encountered the message in question, but you should definitely update to the latest nightly build, just to eliminate that as a possible source of error.
If you do not find a solution here, you should take it to the official CB forums (remember to inform about platform) to make sure there will be a fix in a nightly build somewhere in the future (it can take some time to eliminate the bug).
Also, have you tried running CB in debug version? I am sure that the CB developers would love to have the info you can collect when running debug (from such a crash, that is).

[Edited by - nife87 on July 29, 2008 6:49:57 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement