Question about netcode in Battlefield 2

Started by
1 comment, last by rMmod 15 years, 8 months ago
I like hit registration in warsow ... especially when we play with instagib on ... one shot one kill, not as in bf2 (one shot, sometimes kill, sometims nohit). I would like this in Battlefield 2... we play gathers on ESL (some kind of funwar, mixed teams, mostly higher skilled players), but its really unbelievable how someone hits everytime and someone hits sometimes :) (means... aim to head and see only dust-mostly nohit) ... but its not rarity when you have really nice hitregistration one day and other day it sucks... Players found file called "Usersettings.con" placed in \Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings

rem
rem Settingsfile automatically saved by bf2
rem
SettingsManager.boolSet GSClPunkBuster 0
SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.100000
SettingsManager.boolSet GSExtrapolateFrame 0
SettingsManager.U32Set GSExtrapolationTime 1200
SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 100
SettingsManager.U32Set GSPerfLogAtPlayerCount 30
SettingsManager.stringSet GSPlayerName "DefaultPlayerName"
SettingsManager.boolSet GSShowNetGraph 0
SettingsManager.boolSet GSUseObjectCache 1
after googling, reading many posts, articles and others... nobody knows how exactly it works or they arent sure ... there are some guides how to set ... but it "works" sometimes... last time I googled this http://www.totalbf2142.com/forums/showpost.php?s=e53fa6d8bdceb4b48e6fe67f9a5546f1&p=2146658&postcount=19 ... seems that man knows what he say, so I set as I understood

rem
rem Settingsfile automatically saved by bf2
rem
SettingsManager.boolSet GSClPunkBuster 1
SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.050000
SettingsManager.boolSet GSExtrapolateFrame 1
SettingsManager.U32Set GSExtrapolationTime 85
SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 800
SettingsManager.U32Set GSPerfLogAtPlayerCount 32
SettingsManager.stringSet GSPlayerName "rMmod"
SettingsManager.boolSet GSShowNetGraph 0
SettingsManager.boolSet GSUseObjectCache 1
SettingsManager.boolSet GSUseLatencyCompensation 1
"works" sometimes > doesnt work So, i captured how it looks when you hit (not every, but better then mostly) http://www.wipido.com/video/2106 My friends captured how it looks when you dont hit http://www.vimeo.com/1230075 NOW... Its not necessary for me how to set ...but really I would like know what these commands do, what they means in netcode of games... WHAT are ExtrapolationTime, InterpolationTime, ExtrapolateFrame, DefaultLatencyCompensation, WHAT these do. Thats why I write here, because there are people who create game and I think they use similar technicks to solve hit problem.

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation
SettingsManager.boolSet GSExtrapolateFrame 
SettingsManager.U32Set GSExtrapolationTime
SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 
these are really strange for us P.S. EA hotline dont speak about these
Advertisement
Your question is meaningless and we cannot answer it. The names of the properties you posted are extremely general. It's a bit like asking what "HP" does, exactly, in a game -- every game handles it slightly differently and has slightly different acceptable value ranges, et cetera.

All I can say is that the values appear to have something to do with dead-reckoning or other interpolation designed to help minimize the apparant effects of latency in the connection.

Besides, this sort of question is entirely off-topic for this forum -- we don't provide technical support or diagnostics for games. I'm not going to close this thread... yet. Just in case you have a follow up question about the non-game-specific domain of latency compensation.
Quote:Original post by jpetrie
...every game handles it slightly differently and has slightly different acceptable value ranges, et cetera...

I agree. I dont need values.

Quote:Original post by jpetrie
we don't provide technical support or diagnostics for games.
I'm not going to close this thread... yet. Just in case you have a follow up question about the non-game-specific domain of latency compensation.

so... how works generally extrapolation and interpolation in netcodes of game

interpolationtime ... time after that will be used extrapolation
extrapolationtime ... time from which will be prediction counted, I mean sample from which will be interpolation counted

i am confused because there are 2 commands

could you bring me to light these?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement