Sign in to follow this  
pavilion

which DirectX SDK version I should use ??

in some DirectX tutorials I have read , people mention about DirectXTimer class , or file dxmutmisc.cs in the SDK folder , or Microsoft.Samples.DirectX.UtilityToolkit namespace ( I just want to use these to create a high-resolusion timer ) . But I can't find those in the lastest DirectX SDK ( June 2008 ),it looks like Microsoft has changed something when updating SDK . So now I don't know which SDK version I can use to access those features , or is there any good replacement in the June 2008 SDK

I know Stopwatch class , but I just use that to calculate the elapsed time of an operation,
how can I use it to raise an event at intervals.
I expect something like Elapsed event of Timer class , but its accuracy seems not enough to me ( I use Timer class to make a time-based animation , but it looks laggy >_< )

anyway , thank for any help

You'll need an old SDK -- the Managed DirectX samples and documentation were removed from the distribution a while back because the API is deprecated.

You're probably better off finding different tutorials to follow, since you're going to have to go back to an SDK version that almost a year old before you get MDX samples again. There's no real benefit to that.

i recommend AUG2007. this contains the file you're looking for. it is also compatible with darkGDK, and contains managed tutorials.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=529f03be-1339-48c4-bd5a-8506e5acf571&displaylang=en

i am currently working on a list of resources for game development in a blog here myspace.com/filterhead