• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

X files or 3ds to x file converter

This topic is 3574 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello guyz where can i find X files or 3ds to x file converter.i do not have 3ds max so i cant use a plugin.so does any one know any converters or sites with free x model files . thankz

Advertisement
thankz guyz .can you tell out of which one supports animated hierarchical skins and meshes being exported to x file format or does both just collapse everything to a single mesh

in PandaSoft you can use animation and all DirectX file futures, but be ware cause you will have some problems yusing it such i am - this plugin works in 3ds max 2008, but not in older versions:( to check working of plugin try to open saved model by DXViewer tool.

I have been using the Pandasoft exporter for some time under 3ds max 9, so I know that it works in legacy 3ds Max versions (before max2008). Never had problems with it.
You can select whether you want to collapse the mesh to one big chunk or store them as individual pieces with hierarchy information. If you choose the latter option, exporting animation is supported.
If the Panda exporter does not work out for you, you may want to take a look at the kW exporter, which is open source: http://kwxport.sourceforge.net/

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!