• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
giugio

blender

This topic is 3674 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hy. I would start to game programming. I use c++ for code and opengl library for the real time 3d graphics. I must choose a 3d modeller and some friends advice blender to me. I see that blender is opensource and there is the source code. There are other 3d modeller with opensource and free code? Is blender good for skeleton animation and game animation in general? Thanks.

Advertisement

Quote:

Is blender good for skeleton animation and game animation in general?

I think Biped from 3ds Max is worth for a look for skeleton animation , though I am not expert on it.

Quote:
Original post by giugio
There are other 3d modeller with opensource and free code?

I personally have never liked the Blender user interface. I've often found that some of the exporters do not work very well. But it is free, and would be a good start.

Another alternative is trueSpace. Microsoft just bought out the company who made it (Caligari) and decided to release it for free.

trueSpace 7.6

I have found trueSpace is a bit easier to pick up. Plus they have a ton of tutorials and how to videos for free on thier site.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!