• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
elurahu

Entity database article up - Knol review

This topic is 3706 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys. I thought I would point people to an article I've just written on the new knol.google.com site and tell you my experiences using it. Knol is ment to be a site where everybody can freely submit articles about stuff they know a thing or two about. May it be baking pancakes or curing cancer (the latter seams to be the most popular atm since most article are medical articles). The whole article writing was quite pleasing with the exception of a crash which set me 10min or so back. The whole authoring tool seams to be working fine. Writing code on in the article however is a complete nightmare since the site doesn't support automatical syntax highlighting or indenting. You have however able to easily copy / paste stuff in. Anyhow I sure hope we'll see more computer related articles as time goes. My article is an overview of our current entity database system. Which creates and manages entity lifetime. I hope you guys enjoy reading it - And hopefully leave a lot of constructive critisism. Entity database article

Advertisement
cool :D
I'm right now in the phase when articles like yours really come in handy - I've got directX running and everything but designing game objects to communicate between each other and stuff like that can be a pain for a beginner
this will defenetly come in handy

Quote:
Original post by Oluseyi
GDNet Wiki, FYI.

Yeah I'm aware of the wiki but the main reason for writing the article in the first place was to try out knol and how would work for technical content.

I can however move the article onto the wiki as well if you guys are interested. Might be handy.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!