Sprite / Animation / Asset Class Design

Started by
0 comments, last by Captain P 15 years, 8 months ago
Hi. I'm just starting to build some proper sprite, object and animation handling for a small 2D game in C++ with SDL, but my problem is more conceptual than implementation. I'm having a hard time working out the concepts of asset handling etc, and so I've turned to laying out my attempt in a mind map, I'd appreciate the opinions of anyone who knows better than me! A Mind Map of my attempt at a sprite class Thanks in advance. *edit* Made a couple of changes. Paperclip = array house = class pencil = struct key = identifier Am i missing anything that would be useful? [Edited by - Gravious on July 30, 2008 8:45:18 PM]
Advertisement
You're missing your requirements. What exactly do you need for your game? :)

Anyway, why are you using ID's instead of references? And what does an image have in common with a sound that justifies the common base class Asset? Why do you store entity positions in both Cartesian and polar notation? Are you sure that every entity will have a name and health? Will every entity be displayed as exactly one animated sprite? Why do you put animation code inside a game entity class?
Create-ivity - a game development blog Mouseover for more information.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement