• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

How do I read back texel data from texture bound to FBO

This topic is 3557 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

In my app, I render the scene to a FBO, which has two RGBA FP textures attached to it. I use two GLSL shaders to write to the textures. After I render to the textures, I render them on a quad to display the results. So it goes something like this: Render() { EnableFrameBuffers(); RenderScene(); DisableFrameBuffers(); RenderTexture1(); RenderTexture2(); RenderPlot(); } RenderTexture1 and RenderTexture2 use a GLSL shader to map the texture to a quad. The ReturnPlot function is supposed to take some data from each of the aforementioned textures, do some stuff to it, and render a plot. My problem is that I can't seem to read the data back from the texture correctly. Here is what I am trying.... GLint texture1Size = 4*m_nxPixels*m_nyPixels*sizeof(float); float* texture1Data = (float*)malloc(texture1Size); GLint texture2Size = 4*m_nxPixels*m_nyPixels*sizeof(float); float* texture2Data = (float*)malloc(texture2Size); EnableFrameBuffers(); glReadBuffer(GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0_EXT); glBindTexture(texTarget, textureID); glReadPixels(0,0,m_nyPixels,m_nyPixels,texFormat,GL_FLOAT,texture1Data); glReadBuffer(GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT1_EXT); glBindTexture(texTarget, textureID); glReadPixels(0,0,m_nyPixels,m_nyPixels,texFormat,GL_FLOAT,texture2Data); DisableFrameBuffers(); int x = 10; int y = 10; // get data at x,y int index = x * m_nxPixels + y; float red1 = texture1Data[index]; float green1 = texture1Data[index+1]; float blue1 = texture1Data[index+2]; float alpha1 = texture1Data[index+3]; float red2 = texture2Data[index]; float green2 = texture2Data[index+1]; float blue2 = texture2Data[index+2]; float alpha2 = texture2Data[index+3]; The data read back is not what I expect and not what is being rendered in the RenderTexture1 and RenderTexture2 methods. My question is, how do I read back the texel data from a texture which is currently bound to an FBO. Thanks,CD

Advertisement
You unbind the FBO, then with the bound texture object call glGetTexImage2D() and that should work... I haven't tried it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement