Offsite Development..

Started by
12 comments, last by bitfold 15 years, 8 months ago
When I used TortoiseSVN, two years ago, I found it finicky. It was impossible to merge after moving things around or deleting, and trying to force an update frequently failed, so I had to check out the whole project again to apply the changes.
Advertisement
Is that down to Tortoise, or inherent problems to SVN itself?
Quote:Original post by ruby-lang
When I used TortoiseSVN, two years ago, I found it finicky. It was impossible to merge after moving things around or deleting, and trying to force an update frequently failed, so I had to check out the whole project again to apply the changes.

Were you doing these moves and deletes through your explorer or through SVN? If you were using TortoiseSVN to execute these commands then you shouldn't have had an issue. SVN is a necessity for any project with multiple people and can really be useful for a single developer as well.

laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
RTDAeter, you should consider having a co-located team for your project. I've been through a distributed scenario and can tell you that even though it has its advantages, it's got a LOT of problems, too.

These days it's quite easy to get an experienced dedicated and co-located team for your project. Drop me a line or two at sergey@bitfold.net, I might be able to help you.
-- Sergey Lobko-LobanovskyBitfold (http://www.bitfold.net)Unique service provider for the games industry

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement