Advergame Agreement

Started by
2 comments, last by frob 15 years, 8 months ago
Before I approach a lawyer with my draft agreement, it would be useful to see some existing advergame agreements or templates. I have found quite a few ad agency agreements but none specific to advergames. Any assistance would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by chand81
Before I approach a lawyer with my draft agreement, it would be useful to see some existing advergame agreements or templates.

Why?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Quote:Original post by Tom Sloper
Why?
Same reason that I read the menu before phoning the restaurant?
Quote:Original post by Hodgman
Quote:Original post by Tom Sloper
Why?
Same reason that I read the menu before phoning the restaurant?

Shopping around for lawyers is necessary, he absolutely should do that.

That chosen lawyer or law firm should have experience in the same area of contracts that the OP is interested in.

After the lawyer is chosen, he should discuss with the lawyer a list of his goals and purposes for the contract. He could use the existing contracts to help come up with his list, but that's different than writing up the contract himself and having the lawyer review it.

Unless the OP has experience writing contracts, he should not write his own agreement. Writing your own draft agreement and asking for revisions is generally much worse than allowing the lawyer to write it up.

Your job as a lawyer's client is to become generally educated, then write up the list of agreements and requirements you want covered. The lawyer's job is to discuss it to discover any areas you missed, explain any warning flags or trouble areas, and then write up all the details. Don't confuse your job and the lawyer's job.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement