• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Daft_ Panzer

B L I T Z (free game)

This topic is 3665 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Would anyone like to try my game and give me feedback please? :D It's a variation on a very old (Commodore VIC20) game. Its a small project I made just for fun, put together within about 36 hours, using existing game code. Photobucket Photobucket
=Download Link= (2 megs, hosted at mediafire)
I would like to know if anyone likes it, and thinks it may be worth expanding a little. Currently it is playable and just about the most 'polished' thing I've done, but quite limited in scope.
-= Thanks very much for any feedback! =-
BTW: I take no credit for the music, sound handling and graphic import code!

Advertisement
Worked well on my machine! You did a nice job on this game. There was one thing that really annoyed me though: aiming. Why not have the laser shoot where my mouse is? It was incredibly hard for me to aim the laser at what I wanted to. It seems more intuitive if the laser shot at where your mouse was, so I could hold it on a building and the plane would shoot that building, rather than me fumbling around trying to get the laser to shoot a building I was about to hit. Another thing: why is everything spelled wrong in the opening menu?

Other than those two things, I think you did a great job. If you've got the time, I would suggest expanding it a little, just for kicks and giggles.

Thanks very much :D

And thanks for pointing out the mouse issue, that's something I completely overlooked, but I see what you mean. There was an issue in a previous game where I had problems aligning the mouse position on-screen with the relevant position in the game 'world' itself (its actually all rendered in 3D, all the sprites and text are actually textured rectangles). I had a look at that today and did manage to get it aligning quite nicely, so that's one improvement for the next version :)

Also, the 'leet' text is an attempt at humour, and because I don't take this entirely seriously (despite all the time invested), and because I was feeling strange after a few hours of obsessive coding...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!