• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

B L I T Z (free game)

This topic is 3485 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Would anyone like to try my game and give me feedback please? :D It's a variation on a very old (Commodore VIC20) game. Its a small project I made just for fun, put together within about 36 hours, using existing game code. Photobucket Photobucket
=Download Link= (2 megs, hosted at mediafire)
I would like to know if anyone likes it, and thinks it may be worth expanding a little. Currently it is playable and just about the most 'polished' thing I've done, but quite limited in scope.
-= Thanks very much for any feedback! =-
BTW: I take no credit for the music, sound handling and graphic import code!

Advertisement
Worked well on my machine! You did a nice job on this game. There was one thing that really annoyed me though: aiming. Why not have the laser shoot where my mouse is? It was incredibly hard for me to aim the laser at what I wanted to. It seems more intuitive if the laser shot at where your mouse was, so I could hold it on a building and the plane would shoot that building, rather than me fumbling around trying to get the laser to shoot a building I was about to hit. Another thing: why is everything spelled wrong in the opening menu?

Other than those two things, I think you did a great job. If you've got the time, I would suggest expanding it a little, just for kicks and giggles.

Thanks very much :D

And thanks for pointing out the mouse issue, that's something I completely overlooked, but I see what you mean. There was an issue in a previous game where I had problems aligning the mouse position on-screen with the relevant position in the game 'world' itself (its actually all rendered in 3D, all the sprites and text are actually textured rectangles). I had a look at that today and did manage to get it aligning quite nicely, so that's one improvement for the next version :)

Also, the 'leet' text is an attempt at humour, and because I don't take this entirely seriously (despite all the time invested), and because I was feeling strange after a few hours of obsessive coding...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement