SourceSDK engine book

Started by
2 comments, last by cs_student 15 years, 8 months ago
I've been looking for a book on the SourceSDK engine, but with no avail. Every time I google/look for one it turns out to be with modeling or textures. I want a book on the programming aspect of hl2 modding. Any suggestions? Thank you for your time and effort, cs_student
Advertisement
I would also be interested in a book on programming with the Source engine, but I doubt there are any. Also, I think the Valve Developer wiki is extremely lacking in good tutorials for beginners. I really need a high level explanation of how all the engine components fit together, but so far I haven't found one.

Maybe there's a good tutorial floating around somewhere ...

Have you tried asking this question in one of the Half-Life modding communities or one of the official forums? That's likely where you'll get the most accurate help on this subject. And maybe the hlcoders mailing list is still active, too.
Create-ivity - a game development blog Mouseover for more information.
Just in case anyone else ever searches for a SourceSDK book, it seems there aren't any. I couldn't find any *good* forums. The one thing I did find helpful, however, is the Plan Of Attack source code. You can use it as a reference if needed. It might be a bit outdated, however.

Plan Of Attack

cs_student

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement