• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Is this Shadow Ok?

This topic is 3458 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, i would ask you an opinion. I'm using Shadow volume and it now works well, i have only the last mistake: look at this image description of your image I'm not really sure about the shadow on the wall beyond the circle shadow. It does not appear everytime, only with particular conditions. I do not know physics about shadows, so i do not know if the result is correct. What do you think about? thank you

Advertisement
A very nice law, i will follow it forever.

Now i want ask you another question: i'm using DepthFail technique. i would understand how DepthClamp can replace capping.
Can you explain me this?

One way to tell if the shadow is good is to position the eyepoint at the origin of the light. If you can't see any shadow, that's good. Then move a little to the left, a little to the right and you should see some shadow. That's better.

If you're using just a light direction, position the eyepoint on a line with the center of the sphere, somewhat far away in the direction of the light. Then make the above tests.

The idea here is that a light never sees any of the shadows it creates.

Quote:
Original post by Buckeye
One way to tell if the shadow is good is to position the eyepoint at the origin of the light. If you can't see any shadow, that's good. Then move a little to the left, a little to the right and you should see some shadow. That's better.

If you're using just a light direction, position the eyepoint on a line with the center of the sphere, somewhat far away in the direction of the light. Then make the above tests.

The idea here is that a light never sees any of the shadows it creates.

It's a very good technique, i will try it right now!
Mmm, how can i find a point in a ray that passes throught 2 points??
And about the second question? I really don't understand what is clamp and what does it do for me instead of capping.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement